Premier Electrical Services - South Florida -

Call Us 954-900-1696

  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Services
  4. /
  5. Residential Services
  6. /
  7. 10 Signs Your Property…

10 Signs Your Property Needs Electrical Maintenance Service ASAP

10 Signs Your Property Needs Electrical Maintenance Service ASAP

Experiencing frequent circuit breaker tripping, suffering from flickering lights, or noticing a burning smell? Those are the signs of severe troubles with your electrical system. Act fast! Call an electrical maintenance service as soon as possible. They will inspect, test, repair, and upgrade your electrical system to ensure its safety and efficiency. You will also avoid electrical hazards like shocks, fires, or electrocution and save money on energy bills and repairs. This article will discuss ten signs indicating that your property urgently needs electrical maintenance service.

Signs Indicating the Need for Electrical Maintenance Service

Electrical problems are a serious matter. And many of them must be addressed urgently! But how do you understand that you must drop everything and immediately run for help? Here are ten signs:

  • Frequent circuit breaker tripping
  • Flickering or dimming lights
  • Outlets producing heat or sparks
  • Frequent power outages
  • Burning odor coming from outlets or electrical panels
  • Buzzing or humming sounds from electrical appliances
  • Loose or hanging electrical wires
  • High electricity bills without any notable increase in usage
  • Lack of GFCI outlets in appropriate areas

If you encounter these problems, do not try to fix anything yourself! Call the professionals. Now, let’s discuss each sign in detail so you can understand what’s happening under the hood.

Need help with your home’s electrical wiring or equipment? Premier Electrical Services is here to assist. We specialize in fixing home wiring, repairing sockets and switches, and connecting household appliances. Fast and efficient service is our promise. Call us at 954-900-1696 today and let us solve your electrical issues!

1. Frequent Circuit Breaker Tripping

A circuit breaker is a device that protects your electrical system from overloading or short-circuiting. It shuts off the power when it detects a problem. If your circuit breaker trips frequently, it means that there is something wrong with your electrical system, like faulty wiring, overloaded circuits, or damaged appliances. This can damage your electrical system and pose a fire risk. But fear not; an electrical maintenance service will help you!

2. Flickering or Dimming Lights

When lights flicker or dim, there’s a loose connection, a faulty switch, a bad bulb, or a voltage fluctuation in your electrical system. Such lighting will affect your visibility and comfort and also waste energy. Moreover, they can indicate a more severe problem, such as a loose wire or a short circuit, that can lead to sparks, shocks, or fires. Never ignore this sign! Contact an electrical maintenance service for assistance.

3. Outlets Producing Heat or Sparks

Heat or sparks can be caused by a loose connection, a damaged wire, a faulty outlet, or an overloaded circuit. Sometimes, outlets can even melt or catch fire. Take immediate action if you notice heat or sparks coming from your outlets. Unplug any appliances, turn off the power, and call an electrical maintenance service to replace or repair your outlets.

4. Frequent Power Outages

The power outage could result from a hurricane or a fallen tree. But sometimes it’s a damaged transformer or faulty wiring. Contact your utility company or an electrical maintenance service to identify and resolve the cause of your frequent power. An electrical maintenance service can install a backup generator, a surge protector, or a voltage regulator to protect your system and appliances from power outages.

5. Burning Odor Coming from Outlets or Electrical Panels

Burning smell in the house? That’s a sign of an electrical fire caused by overheating, short-circuiting, or arcing of your electrical system. You can even notice smoke or flames! Electrical fires spread quickly and cause severe damage to your property and your health. If you feel a burning odor coming from your outlets or electrical panels — act fast! Turn off the power, evacuate the premises, and call 911 and an electrical maintenance service.

6. Buzzing or Humming Sounds from Electrical Appliances

When you hear buzzing or humming sounds, it could be a sign of loose or worn-out parts, faulty wiring, or improper grounding of your appliances or your system. This means your appliances are working harder than they should, using more energy and wearing out faster. Such sounds can also indicate a potential risk of overheating, sparking, or short-circuiting. To determine the exact source of the sound, unplug your appliances one by one and check your electrical panel. Then call an electrical maintenance service.

7. Loose or Hanging Electrical Wires

Loose or hanging electrical wires indicate poor installation, damage, or deterioration of your electrical system. They can cause sparks, shocks, and fires — especially if they come into contact with water or metal. Don’t do anything yourself — call the professionals.

8. High Electricity Bills without Any Notable Increase in Usage

You haven’t done anything, and your electricity bills are still going up? That’s a sign of faulty wiring, damaged components, outdated appliances, or inefficient lighting. All these can lead to increased energy consumption. Call an electrical maintenance service to inspect and upgrade your electrical system. They can also help you save money and energy by installing energy-efficient lighting, appliances, or devices — LED bulbs, smart thermostats, or motion sensors.

9. Aging Electrical System

Electrical systems typically have a 25 to 40-year lifespan, depending on the installation quality and maintenance. Aging electrical systems can become less effective or even dangerous over time, as they might not meet today’s safety rules or power needs. They also can cause flickering lights, frequent power outages, or electrical shocks. That’s why you should regularly maintain your older properties to ensure their safety and efficiency.

10. Lack of GFCI Outlets in Appropriate Areas

A ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) is an outlet that has a built-in circuit breaker. It shuts off the power when it detects a ground fault, like a current leak or a contact with water. GFCI outlets are required by code in areas where water is present — bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, or outdoors. Thanks to GFCI outlets, you can prevent electrical shocks, injuries, or fires caused by water exposure. With the help of an electrical maintenance service, install GFCI outlets in appropriate areas to ensure your safety.

Conclusion

Now you know ten signs that your home needs electrical maintenance ASAP. If you’re dealing with regular circuit breaker tripping, dimming lights, hot or sparking outlets, a burning smell from your outlets or panels, buzzing appliances, loose wires, an unexpected rise in your electricity bill, or a lack of GFCI outlets, it’s time to call for professional help. These signs indicate potential electrical issues that can’t be overlooked.

Remember, your safety is paramount, and attempting to fix these issues yourself could worsen the problem. Reach out to the expert electricians at Premier Electrical Services today. We’re committed to ensuring your home’s safe and efficient electrical system. Call us now at 954-900-1696.


Check out the latest news:

Online Appointment

We are ready to help you so please reach out to us and we will schedule a visit.

Premier Electrical Services - South Florida -

info@premierelectricalservs.com

+1  954-900-1696