There are many ways to keep your home safe: door locks, motion detectors, security lighting systems, and many more. But one of the most effective ways is to have a whole house surge protector installed. At Premier Electrical Services we care about the safety of your home and your family, so let us show why whole house surge protector installation is a key to your safety and how we can help your home be safer.
What is a Whole House Surge Protector?
Whole-home surge protection is designed to shield electrical appliances from surges in voltage. The protector is a device that is mounted to your electrical meter/panel and that regulates the voltage entering your home. When there is a spike in voltage, the surge protector decreases the level of voltage to the acceptable amount protecting every device of your house.
Florida has an infamous track record of power outages due to harsh tropical weather and hurricanes.
The number of power outages ranks the highest in the country with around 51 to 100 outages per year. These numbers make the task of protecting your home and family from power outages especially important. And Premier Electrical Services are there to help!
Signs that Your Home Might Be at Risk
Watch out for the following signs. If you notice any of them, your home might need a whole house surge protection or even an electrical service upgrade. [link to the page about electrical service upgrade]
Do not hesitate to contact Premier Electrical Services for a free assessment as your home might be at risk.
So, common signs you need a surge protector (or at least an inspection):
- Flickering lights. Occasional flickering and dimming mean that demands along the power lines are triggering surges and that your electrical system is getting damaged because of that.
- Repeatedly tripping circuit breakers. When you plug a large powerful device and circuit breaker trips or a fuse blows, it’s a sign there is a problem that needs to be solved.
- Damaged or discolored outlets. Call for repairs immediately if you see any signs of damage on your outlets. Trying to fix it yourself might result in serious injuries.
Can You Install A Whole House Surge Protector Yourself?
Although the Internet is crowded with DIY guides and tutorials, this is a very bad idea because:
- Doing electrical work around the house yourself is simply a life hazard.
- Only licensed electricians are allowed to perform electrical work.
As a rule, such work requires a permit from the Power Company and the local building department. Additionally, it has to comply with the standards of electrical work. So, if you have someone other than a licensed electrician install your whole house surge protector, the utility company might not let your power back on as the work wasn’t done with their permit.
How Will You Benefit from It?
On the other hand, getting a licensed electrician to install your surge protector has significant benefits:
- It protects your entire electrical system;
- It maintains the performance and increases the lifecycle of your appliances;
- It reduces the risk of electrical fires.
Choose Our Electrical Services to Install Your Whole House Surge Protector
Why choose us for your electrical work?
- Available around the clock
- Quick response time
- Free assessment and estimations
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Seasoned and certified staff
… and attention and personal touch to every client!
Ways to Prevent Your Home Internal and External Power Surges
Yes, power surges can be of different nature: internal and external. Internal power surge means an appliance in your house shuts off for a period of time. External power surge comes from the outside: lightning strikes or tree limbs on power lines.
Anyways, there are preventative measures you can take against these surges:
- Install the whole house surge protector. And make sure you get a licensed specialist to do that!
- Unplug appliances during a storm. In case you don’t have a whole home surge protection installed, unplugging all the devices will prevent your home from power surges during a storm.
- Replace burned out / damaged outlets. Remember that doing that yourself is plain dangerous, but Premier Electrical Services are there to do this job fast, effectively and safely.
- Replace old / frayed wiring. Call Premier Electrical Services and we will inspect your wiring for free!
What’s the Price of a Whole House Surge Protector Installation?
At Premier Electrical Services, we strive to add a personal touch to all our services. Since each client and each case are unique, we carefully study your case and inspect your home first. Therefore, all of our estimations and assessments are free of charge. Only then we’ll be able to tell the price of the services.
We operate in the Broward County and Boca Raton area of Palm Beach.
Make your house safe today!